6th District of Indiana (much of the eastern half of Indiana, including Muncie, Ft. Wayne) Currently serving his 3rd term. First elected in Nov. 2000.
· Chairman of House Republican Study Committee- unanimously elected in Sept. 2004.
· Judiciary Committee- serves on the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security
· International Relations Committee
· Agriculture Committee
Helped to draft the Patriot Act and legislation which created the Dept. of Homeland Security.
· Ran for Congress in 1988 and 1990.
· 1991- President of conservative think tank in Ft. Wayne- Indiana Policy Review Foundation.
· 1992- Began a career in radio broadcasting and in 1994 Network Indiana syndicated his show across Indiana. The Mike Pence Show.
· 1995-1999- Hosted a political television show in Indianapolis
Married to wife Karen & has three children. Live in Columbus, Indiana- when in session, family lives in Arlington, VA.
More about Rep. Mike Pence