· He edited its US section (1999-2006) and ran the New York Bureau for two years; edited its Business Section for the previous four years.
· His other roles have included setting up The Economist's office in Los Angeles, where he worked from 1990-93 and being Media Correspondent.
· He has covered business and politics from the United States, Latin America, Continental Europe, Southern Africa and most of Asia.
· Joined The Economist in 1987.
· Also worked at Chase Manhattan bank.
·Co-author of "The Witch Doctors", "A Future Perfect: the Challenge and Hidden Promise of Globalisation"
·"The Company: A Short History of a Revolutionary Idea"
·"The Right Nation", a study of conservatism in America, with Adrian Wooldridge, also an Economist journalist
·Ampleforth and Magdalen College, Oxford, where he studied history
More about John Micklethwait