· New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center, Associate Attending, Full-time Academic Staff, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, 1982-92.
· Rockefeller University (NY) Hospital, Visiting Associate Physician, 1986-96.
· Morristown (NJ) Memorial Hospital, Perinatal Diagnostic Testing Center Director, 1992-2000.
· St. Luke’s-Roosevelt Hospital Center (NY), Obstetrics and Gynecology Dept., Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, 2000-02.
· Jamaica Hospital Medical Center (NY), Vice Chair and Director of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology Dept., 2002-05.
· Saint Peter’s University Hospital, Perinatal Consultant, Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division, 2006.
· Westchester Medical Center, Perinatal Consultant, 2007.
Obstetrics and Gynecology, Roosevelt Hospital
July, 1973-July 1977, Chief Resident -- 1976-77.
Fellow in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Babies Hospital and The Sloane Hospital for Women, Columbia-Presbyterian Medical Center
July, 1977-July, 1979.
TEACHING POSITIONS HELD:
· Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland, 1979-82.
· Assistant Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cornell University Medical College, 1982-89; Associate Professor, 1989-92.
· Associate Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons, 1995-97; 2002.
· Clinical Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey——New Jersey Medical School, 1998-2000.
· Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, Cornell University (Weill) Medical College, 2003-05.
· Bachelor of Science, 1969, Monmouth College.
· Doctor of Medicine, 1973, Columbia University
Master of Public Health, 1996, Columbia University School of Public Health.
SPECIALTY BOARD CERTIFICATION:
· Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology – 1979.
· Board Certification for Special Competency In Maternal-Fetal Medicine – 1981.
· Voluntary Recertification in Obstetrics and Gynecology and Maternal-Fetal Medicine – 1998-2008.
MILITARY: (volunteered for active duty)
U.S. Navy - Commissioned as Lieutenant Commander, Medical Corps Tour of Duty: July 8, 1979 -July 8, 1982, National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland.
· Performed with family orchestra, known as "The Thornton Sisters", during high school, college, medical school and residency; 1955-1976.
· Professional saxophonist (woodwinds).
· Vocalist (soprano)
Born in Manhattan, New York, Married, has two children.
More about Dr. Yvonne Thornton