· Founder & Director, Cancer Preventorium, Washington Cancer Institute in the Washington Hospital Center, Washington, DC.
· Principal Investigator, Latin American Cancer Research Coalition, National Cancer Institute.
· President & Founder, Prevencion, Inc., a non-profit health education company.
· Radio Show Host, Cuidando su Salud (Taking Care of Your Health)
· Radio Show Host, El Consultorio Comunitario (The Community Clinic Of the Air)
· Radio Show Host, Cita con el Doctor (An appointment with the Doctor)
· Television Co-Host, Hablemos de Salud (Letís Talk About Health)
· University of San Marcos, 1981
· Oncology Research Fellowship, Johns Hopkins, 1988
· Resident, St. Agnes Hospital, Baltimore, 1991
· M.P.H. Johns Hopkins, 1992
· Fellowship, Natíl Cancer Institute, 1994
· Innovations In Prevention Award, HHS, 2004
· Spirit of Life Foundation Humanitarian Award, 2002
· Walter C. Alvarez Award, Amer. Medical Writers Assn., 2001
· Oscar E. Edwards Memorial Award for Volunteerism & Community Service, Amer. Society of Internal Medicine, 2000
· Leadership Award, Latino Caucus, Amer. Public Health, 1997
· Broadcast Leadership Award, National Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Born in Peru
More about Dr. Elmer Huerta