· Venture Capitalist
· Founder & CEO, Vontoo Corporation
· Founder & CEO, Indian Math Online
· Chairman & Lead Investor, ExactTarget
· Lead Director, Board of Allscripts Healthcare Solutions
· Trustee, The Plough Foundation (non-profit)
· Trustee, Campbell Orthopaedic Research Foundation (non-profit)
· Founder & CEO, NoInk Communications
· President, Neurologic Technologies division of Medtronic, Inc.
· President & COO, Sofamor Danek Group
· General Partner, First Chicago Venture Capital
· General Parner, CID Equity Partners
· Systems Engineer, Sales Representative, IBM Corporation
· Telenet Communications
· Director of Sales and Marketing for small high-tech firm started at M.I.T.
· Sat on variety of Corporate Boards of companies dealing with high-tech, healthcare, science education, entertainment, etc.
· Sat on variety of non-profit boards including The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Junior Achievement of Memphis, Memphis BioMed Venture Fund, and Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
“Blogging Through India” (2006)
· Honorary Doctorate in Engineering, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, 2002
· Masters in Business Administration, Harvard University Graduate School of Business, 1984
· Bachelor of Arts, Principia College, Elsah, Illinois, 1978
More about Robert Compton