· Executive vice president of Johns Hopkins Medicine -- the umbrella alliance of the Health System and The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
· Chairman of Johns Hopkins Community Physicians which provides ambulatory care at 17 centers throughout Maryland
JOHNS HOPKINS HOSPITAL BACKGROUND:
· Tenth president of The Johns Hopkins Hospital, started at Hopkins in 1973 as an administrative resident
· The Johns Hopkins Hospital was rated the nation's best hospital for 13 consecutive years by U.S. News & World Report
· Named acting president of Hopkins Hospital and Health System in Sept. 1996
· In 1995, Executive vice president and chief operating officer of Johns Hopkins Health System
· President of the medical center from 1984 until 1999.
· In 1982, turned Baltimore City Hospitals into what is now known as the Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center
· Administrator of the Johns Hopkins Children's Center in 1978
· Administrator of Hopkins Hospital's Cost Improvement Program in 1975
· Administrator of the Henry Phipps Psychiatric Clinic in 1974
· 1970 graduate of The Johns Hopkins University
· MA in hospital administration from The George Washington University
· Director of the Administrative Board of the Council of Teaching Hospitals, a component of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
· Member of the AAMC Advisory Committee for the Center for Clinical Care Improvement.
· Born in 1948, New Brunswick, New Jersey
· Lives in Bel Air, Maryland with his wife, Elizabeth "Rooney" Peterson. He has 2 children
More about Ronald Peterson