Mr. Paulson was named editor in April 2004.
· Executive director of the First Amendment Center at Vanderbilt University.
· His syndicated column, "Inside the First Amendment," appeared in newspapers nationwide.
· Hosted "Speaking Freely," a weekly half-hour television program about the First Amendment and the arts.
· Adjunct professor at the Vanderbilt University Law School.
· Vice president/news and executive editor of Gannett Suburban Newspapers in Westchester County, N.Y., from 1992-1996.
· Executive editor of FLORIDA TODAY in Brevard County from 1988-1992.
· Special assistant/chief of staff to then Gannett Chairman Allen H. Neuharth from 1986-1988.
· Editor of the Green Bay (Wis.) Press-Gazette from 1985 to 1986.
· Metro editor and then managing editor of the Courier-News at Bridgewater, N.J. 1980-1984.
· Founding staff member of USA TODAY, on loan from the Courier-News.
· Reporter & bureau chief for the Fort Myers (Fla.) News-Press from 1978-1980.
He is a member of both the Illinois and Florida bars.
Graduate of the University of Illinois College of Law and the University of Missouri School of Journalism.
More about Ken Paulson