· Nebraska’s senior U.S. Senator serving his second term.
· Serves on the Senate Foreign Relations, Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs, Intelligence and Rules Committees.
· Chairman of the Congressional-Executive Commission on China.
· President of McCarthy & Co., an investment banking firm based in Omaha, NE.
· President & Chief Executive Officer of Private Sector Council in Washington, D.C.
· Deputy Director and Chief Operating Officer of the 1990 Economic Summit of Industrialized Nations (G-7 Summit).
· President and Chief Executive Officer of the World USO.
· Co-founded VANGUARD Cellular Systems, Inc. in the mid-1980's.
· Deputy Administrator of the Veterans Administration.
· Served on the Board of Trustees Manville Personal Injury Settlement Trust and as Chairman of the $240 million Agent Orange Settlement Fund.
· Deputy Commissioner General of the United States for the 1982 World’s Fair.
· Manager of Government Affairs for the Firestone Tire & Rubber Company in Washington, D.C (1977-80).
· Administrative Assistant to Congressman John McCollister (R-NE) (1971-77).
· Beginning in 1969, he worked as a newscaster and talk show host with radio stations KBON and KLNG in Omaha, NE.
· Served in Vietnam with his brother Tom in 1968. They served side by side as infantry squad leaders with the U.S. Army’s 9th Infantry Division.
· Earned several military decorations and honors, including two Purple Hearts.
· Life member of the American Legion, Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, Disabled American Veterans, and the Military Order of the Purple Heart.
· Graduated from St. Bonaventure High School, Columbus, NE.
· Brown Institute for Radio and Television, Minneapolis, MN.
· University of Nebraska at Omaha.
· A fourth generation Nebraskan, he was born in North Platte, NE on October 4, 1946.
· He and his wife, Lilibet, have two children, daughter Allyn, and son Ziller.
More about Chuck Hagel